Whatsoever you do to the least of My people, that you do unto Me.

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Be at peace

Happy Birthday to My Grandma!! Happy Birthday to my Uncle Matt!!! Wishing both of these AMAZING people another wonderful year full of many great things! :) Miss you both!

Tuesday this week my friends Sanya and Hormazd had a dinner at their house to welcome some new individuals to Guyana. This was one of the highlights of my week because it was just a really relaxing dinner and the new people who came were so nice and friendly. It made me think about the fact that there are so many wonderful people in the world and even though I'm leaving soon I shouldn't shut out the invitation to have a conversation and get to know someone else. You never know what you can learn from someone even on your first time encountering them.

Our friend Dave who came on the same flight as us was also at the party. Dave is a great guy who has devoted the majority of his weekends to volunteering with the boys and other organizations around Georgetown. Dave is leaving later this week and it is sad too see him go. He had a going away party on thursday and it was great to get to catch up with him both on tuesday and on thursday before he left. Dave kept talking to me about how great the boys were and how they are just beautiful souls. It is so nice to see someone who works a full time job and finds the time to come out and play games with the boys. Dave does a great job at using up their energy because they are always in the field playing one game or the other. Bosco will truly miss Dave and he has done for them. I have been changed by finding such a great person who reminds me never to judge someone else. Most people when they meet Dave out on the weekend or at a party may not believe he is the same guy running around the soccer field with the boys but it just goes to show we never know what someone is truly like until we think about all aspects of their lives. Another reason we shouldn't judge!

Yesterday the boy's had their grand birthday celebration. Some of the boys are leaving for the summer so they had a going away party for us inside of the birthday celebration. It was really sweet because the boys sang for us and then one of them read a letter that they had written for us. One of the teachers Mrs. Jax told me how much she would miss me and started to cry. I really will miss her because she always helps me to feel so joyful when I am around her. I will truly miss the boys and by the end of the week I hope to post up some pictures from the party.

The last thought I leave you with comes from a conversation I had with a man while at Dave's going away party. He stopped me and told me how blessed I was at such a young age to be at peace with myself. He reminded me that success will only take you so far in life and many people work year and years before they realize it's not money that will make them happy. I told him how apprehensive I was about coming home and he simply reminded me as long as I am at peace with myself and my God I will find the right path. He is so right.


Love and prayers,

Ashley Ann

1 comment:

  1. It is so nice to visit with people and to also to receive that encouragement from your friends as your time draws near to leave. Your peace, well His Peace :), will be priceless to you!

    ReplyDelete