Whatsoever you do to the least of My people, that you do unto Me.

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Dear Friends and Family,


I hope your past week was good as mine was rather rubbish. We had a series of unfortunate events unfold before us and the week was a rough one. I wish that I had better news but it is what it is. Monday was a tough day but I did learn one good thing and that is even under a large amount of stress our community still weathers the storm together. We even tried to make a good time that day by treating ourselves to pizza. We don't normaly do that but we thought we could use a lift that day.

On Wednesday it was Masharmani here. It is the Republic day of Guyana. I stood in the sun for a long time but don't worry I wore plenty of sun cream!!! There was an all day parade and an all night party. We all had to work the next day so we went home early but we still had a great time. I was a little disapointed that I didn't have a camera because it had been stolen but it just made me more gratful for being here for two years so next year I can take many more pictures!


Check out this site for a better description of Mash

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mashramani?wasRedirected=true

Well anyway this post is short because tomorrow I am creating a special six month blog post with possible pictures!!! Get excited!!!


Always remember that everyday is a good day some are just better than others,


Love,

Ashley Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment