Whatsoever you do to the least of My people, that you do unto Me.

Friday, March 2, 2012

Sometimes people suck!

Have you ever met one of those people who really just tries to ruin your day? It's like someone poured vinegar into their cereal that morning and they have decided to take it out on the rest of the world. I used to really be sensitive and take on what people would tell me. I always cared what everyone thought and it would make me feel bad. Finally the other day I realized how different I have become and how I don't really let other people get to me. Then I found this quote this week that really helped me to remember the importance of letting go of the small things.

This week I had a frustrating incident with some of my students at school. As I was standing outside of the classroom they decided it would be funny to lock me out. So eventually they let me back in and I said to them that I would be reasonable and if the person who had locked the door admitted it I would move on with class. None of them would admit and I said alright well please all come out of my class until you will admit who did it. Eventually they ended up cleaning up the school and doing other work because they wouldn't say. The thing is all the students knew who it was and they kept telling me. So every time I would go up to him and ask him if he did it and he would say no. I said alright well then no one has yet to admit it so you can all keep working. Later in the day they still didn't understand why they couldn't have free time in my class and why I was making them work so hard. For me I couldn't believe that one student has so much pride that they wouldn't admit their mistake. I really understood at the end of the day why they say pride is the deadliest sin. I had a hard time wrapping my mind around why one student would let so many others suffer.

My friend Mary is coming to visit me TOMORROW so my mind is kind of all over the place! The week has also been really rainy and boring. I had a hard time getting out of my house for two days because the water was soo high. I was wearing long boots and had to walk slow or the water would have come over my boots! Not only is it water but its gross nasty infectious water! :(

I keep reminding myself for lent that God is in control and I need to let go. I'm trying to do that right now as Mary's flight out of Madison is giving her problems because of the weather. This is one of those moments in life where you just have to put your hope in God. Whatever happens you still have to make the best out of the situation.

Love and prayers,

Ashley Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment