Whatsoever you do to the least of My people, that you do unto Me.

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Back to work

It's not easy to get right back into the swing of things after having an entire week off. Luckily I also had monday off so I could get all of my final things together. I really didn't do much other than I cleaned up my room, read some and went shopping for a few different things. I always have a hard time taking days off because I would rather be at work getting stuff done, however, I know I needed to take the day so I could finish all my little things without going crazy.

I went back to school on tuesday and one of the teachers was telling me how my students kept complaining last week cause I didn't come to school. As I began to teach them for the week they all asked me where my excuse was since I had been gone from school. This week at school was nice because it was just review for their test next week so it was easy for me.

At the hospital we have gotten a whole set of new employee's because of the beginning of the new PUSH grant. I'm not really sure how to explain the transition and being 100% correct but our money is being filtered through a new organization now, so we have new people and new rules. I think that it is all going to take a while to get used to but at the same time the transition is moving quite slow. We have a new social worker, two case navigators, a home based care worker and a new program nurse. I was laughing with my other co-workers when I said once we had almost no employees and a million patients... now it seems like we have no patients and a million employees. It's kind of hard because we have so little space in  the hospital and we are all stepping on top of each other but we are trying to make it work.

We had a baking adventure at home this week because Audrey has been craving bagels for like the past month. For dinner a few nights ago she attempted to make a set of garlic bagels and a set of honey oat bagels. I was amazingly surprised at how well they turned out for her first adventure. We definitely have to make them again and I encourage all new bakers to try to make them because they are delicious and not as hard as they sound.

I can't believe that we are almost half way through lent. I always feel like lent goes so quickly and I never get finished what I want to get finished. I guess that it's my pride thinking I can rearrange my life in 40 short days. I guess I really need to remind myself that the way to go in life is small steps.

I've been stressing this week because everyone keeps asking me what I am doing when I get back home. I always feel like such a failure when people put lots of pressure on me and expect me to have everything planned out. I then reminded myself that I can't stress and I have to be thankful that my mother and many other important people in my life are support of me no matter what I do. I think the fear comes from the fact that back home who you are really depends on what you do. Here it doesn't really matter what I do because people will appreciate me for my other qualities and how I treat them. I have a lot of fears of coming back to a culture that puts so much emphasis on success and getting ahead. At the end of my life I know I will appreciate having done this more than going and making money, but influence from the outside can always make you second guess your actions.

I hope you all have a really good week. I put up my photo album from Iwokrama up on facebook and even if you are not on facebook you can click on the link here:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10101797461125430.3404217.13955389&type=1&aft=10101797550910500&l=6c1cb33099

I put up 500 photos so it's a lot... but I've been bad at placing photos on facebook so I figured I would at least put them all this time. There is also photos from the boys at phagwah and just random adventures while Mary was here.

Remember at the end of the day it's between you and God, not you God and someone else. If you live so He would be pleased with you then it will lead to peace in your life.

Love and prayers,

Ashley Ann

1 comment:

  1. Loved looking at the pictures Ashley! You are right. It is between you and God. He will lead you into your next journey in life.

    ReplyDelete