Whatsoever you do to the least of My people, that you do unto Me.

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Retreat!

Dear Friends and Family,

I am going on retreat this weekend so I don't have too much time to blog. This week has gone by soo fast! I feel like everything finally got back to normal after a lot of time on holiday. It was good to get into the normal swing of things.

We had a really good weekend last weekend enjoying Hens last few nights. We had a get together at her house and ate tons of food. One of my good friends came over and we cooked together. I have really enjoyed learning to cook here! I mostly just washed the dishes and observed but "just now" I will be able to do it on my own. I have to admit I make a pretty good chicken curry.

I really don't have a ton of time - but I am going to share with you a poem that really has helped me to think since I have been in Guyana:


People are often unreasonable, illogical and self centered;
Forgive them anyway.

If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives;
Be kind anyway.

If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies;
Succeed anyway.

If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you;
Be honest and frank anyway.

What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight;
Build anyway.

If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous;
Be happy anyway.

The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow;
Do good anyway.

Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough;
Give the world the best you've got anyway.

You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and your God;
It was never between you and them anyway.

May you have a blessed week - until then :)

Ashley Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment