Whatsoever you do to the least of My people, that you do unto Me.

Friday, December 10, 2010

Oh the weather outside is wonderful

Friends and Family,

I hope you are enjoying the cold weather... don't worry I am enjoying the heat for you!

Life here has been good. The week after the sickness was filled with much sleep. However on tuesday night I went to the "Festival of Carols". It was all of the different choirs from around the area that got together to do a concert. There was even a father son duo that was my favorite. It was really awesome to hear a concert when I feel like music is something I have been missing. Don't get me wrong there is plenty of blasting music everywhere... but I miss concert type music.

I was talking with the Librarian Ms. Oneika this week and I said "It's me own". She started to laugh and said Miss - you're becoming Guyanese. Its hard not to say stuff like that when you hear it all the time! Ms. Oneika has been a great support for me and I spend much time in the library helping other students learn to read and she always helps me work with them or just "gaufs" (Talks and laughs) with us.

I was sitting in on another class helping out because they had a guest presenter and well - they needed more bodies to keep the children quiet. As I was sitting with the children I realized how much I looked at them as children... and then I realized some of them are only 3 years younger than I!! They were doing skits and it was really fun to watch all of them be silly. I realize how much I love working with young people. They have so much energy. And although many times did I have to discipline that day - it didn't take away from how much I love them. This was a work in progress because yes I always had charity love for them... I realized in watching that class that even though they push my buttons and test my patience even the ones who make me the most mad have something to offer. Very few people have given these children a chance. Very few people treat them with disrespect and angerily. And yes they do treat others that was as well - but part of us is always a product of our environment. The only way you can help change that is to help change the environment. And to do that you must become part of the environment. These have been my thoughts this week as I had to deal with some more angry outburst, fights, and tears. I ended up getting in the middle of a boy trying to hit another boy - (on accident - I wasn't trying to break it up) and he ended up accidentally hitting me with a stick. (Don't worry not hard). At that moment I have never seen more fear in someone's eye. He immediately handed me the stick - started apologizing and the other boys ran over and grabbed my arm to make sure I was alright. The other students punished him so hard and he was punishing himself that it was actually hard for me to discipline him. And this was a great moment for me because earlier in the year this student wouldn't have thought twice about this. And so it finally showed me that he had enough respect to show remorse. He was finally realizing to own up to what you do.

That was a long confusing paragraph - but its been a long day.

The Cathedral here is the Immaculate Conception so on the feast of the IC (the 8th) we had a very celebratory Mass. I was able to go and it was really good. There was 9 different priests from all over the country (which is the whole diocese). I always enjoy mass at the Cathedral. Other than that we have been having mass every morning at 5:30 am!! ITS SO EARLY. We are doing a Novena before Christmas. We go until the 17th. Its been two days so far and I'm tired!! But thats okay because these masses have actually helped me to get focused in Advent. I think that it is a great idea to do this because daily mass here is very difficult because of the priest shortage. So since this is a special time they make it so people can come to mass daily - at least for preparation for Christmas. Sister Katerine gives us a ride which is nice - although its just a short walk and 5 in the morning the ride is worth it! (Plus its short rainy season)

Anyway I have to go to the market to pick up some edo, kassava, and "sweet potatoe. I am making soup for dinner!

Sending you all my love and prayers - and look at my last blog if you didn't get a chance!!!

Ashley Ann

1 comment:

  1. All thanks to this great herbal doctor who cured me from (LUPUS DISEASE) his name is dr imoloa.  I suffered lupus disease for over 8 years with pains like: joints, Skin rash,  Pain in the chest,  swollen joints and many more.  The anti-inflammatory drugs couldn’t cure me, until I read about his recommendation. 2 months ago, I contacted him through his email address. drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com . and he sent me the herbal treatment through DHL courier service and he instructed me on how to drink it for good two weeks. after then,  And I was confirmed cured and free at the hospital after taken his powerful herbal medications You too can be cured with it if interested, he also uses his powerful herbal healing medicine to cure disease like:parkison disease, vaginal cancer, epilepsy,  Anxiety Disorders, Autoimmune Disease,  Back Pain,  Back Sprain,   Bipolar Disorder,  Brain Tumour,  Malignant,  Bruxism, Bulimia,  Cervical Disk Disease, cardiovascular disease, Neoplasms,  chronic respiratory disease,  mental and behavioural disorder,  Cystic  Fibrosis,  Hypertension, Diabetes, asthma,  Inflammatory autoimmune-mediated arthritis.  chronic kidney disease, inflammatory joint disease, back pain,  impotence,  feta  alcohol spectrum,  Dysthymic Disorder,   Eczema, skin cancer,  tuberculosis,  Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, constipation, inflammatory bowel  disease, bone cancer, lungs cancer,  mouth ulcer,  mouth cancer, body pain, fever, hepatitis A.B.C.,   syphilis,  diarrhea,  HIV/AIDS,  Huntington's Disease,  back acne,  Chronic renal failure,   addison disease,  Chronic Pain,   Crohn's  Disease,   Cystic Fibrosis,  Fibromyalgia,   Inflammatory Bowel Disease,  fungal  nail disease, Lyme Disease, Celia disease, Lymphoma, Major  Depression,  Malignant Melanoma,   Mania,  Melorheostosis,   Meniere's  Disease,  Mucopolysaccharidosis , Multiple Sclerosis,  Muscular  Dystrophy,  Rheumatoid Arthritis, Alzheimer's Disease      Contacts him today  and get permanently cure. contact him via... email- drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com  /whatssapp-+2347081986098.

    ReplyDelete