Whatsoever you do to the least of My people, that you do unto Me.

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Week One of WORK! :)

Dear Friends and Family,

Hello!! I finished my first week of work Praise God. I am teaching at Mercy Wings Vocational school in Sophia, Georgetown. (Sophia - Pronounced So fye a - not as we pronounce it). Anyway. I will be teaching MWThF Care for the Elderly - which is part of the Child Care program. The girls will get liscened for both Child Care and the Elderly imporving their ability to get a job. I enjoy teaching but at the same time its so different than an American school it is really hard to describe.
God has given me the grace of having some really well behaved girls this week - we will see how long they last. I know they are enthralled by the foreignness that I bring to class. They are all very sweet - some of them come from really rough homes. One of my girls told me that she came to the vocational school so that she could get a job - to help her parents pay for her sibilings "real" education. (We just teach trade). It was sooo heart breaking - if they go to public school they learn nothing. Most of my girls age 16-20 read at about a 3rd grade level. With one of them reading at a 1st grade. And my most successful girl at about a 6th. My heart is broken each day - when they try SO hard - but just really don't understand. Also there is quite a language barrier - they speak more creole than english. This makes it hard - but I am getting it. I feel like I have been picking things up pretty quickly. Also - sayings are different - If you are going somewhere with someone - they are carrying you. Its funny.

Anyway - Other than that the week has been good. The teachers have been very nice - and one of them took me to a few stores after work one day and bought me a popsicle. I did end up going to the hospital earlier this week as an outpatient because I had a fever from Friday to Monday - but don't worry - I just had the flu -and feel almost 100% now. Just a little bit of a runny nose still. The hospital was an adventure. Its not what I am used to. Mr. Lambert took me - and that was funny because there is no such thing as patient confidentiality here - which was hard for me to deal with - but oh well.

Other than that we have taken a few adventures - We went to Border market today which is one of the larger markets. It was nice. We spent about 13 american dollars and got 2 types of bannana's - A pineapple - Papaya (PaPa) - Spices - Carrots - Spinach (type stuff) - Pumpkin - Borra Borra - Celery - and a few other things which I can't quite recall. It was awesome. But for ever american dollar its 200 guyanese dollars. So we always carry around 1000 dollar bills which is about 5 dollars. It feels kind of weird.

Mini Buses are kind of Crazy. I always feel like I have another bruise from hitting something getting in and out. But they are fun - and always get us where we need to go. The drivers are already starting to remember us and we've only been here a week!!

I have met a few really awesome people just walking on the street. That has been fun - while walking home I met a really nice girl who talked with me about all sorts of things. She was very sweet.

I suppose I should have more to write - but I am having a hard time thinking - and will try and write more later.

Mail has been coming through - so please send a letter!!

50 Pere Street, Kitty
Georgetown, Guyana
South America


Love Sent!

Ashley

1 comment:

  1. All thanks to this great herbal doctor who cured me from (LUPUS DISEASE) his name is dr imoloa.  I suffered lupus disease for over 8 years with pains like: joints, Skin rash,  Pain in the chest,  swollen joints and many more.  The anti-inflammatory drugs couldn’t cure me, until I read about his recommendation. 2 months ago, I contacted him through his email address. drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com . and he sent me the herbal treatment through DHL courier service and he instructed me on how to drink it for good two weeks. after then,  And I was confirmed cured and free at the hospital after taken his powerful herbal medications You too can be cured with it if interested, he also uses his powerful herbal healing medicine to cure disease like:parkison disease, vaginal cancer, epilepsy,  Anxiety Disorders, Autoimmune Disease,  Back Pain,  Back Sprain,   Bipolar Disorder,  Brain Tumour,  Malignant,  Bruxism, Bulimia,  Cervical Disk Disease, cardiovascular disease, Neoplasms,  chronic respiratory disease,  mental and behavioural disorder,  Cystic  Fibrosis,  Hypertension, Diabetes, asthma,  Inflammatory autoimmune-mediated arthritis.  chronic kidney disease, inflammatory joint disease, back pain,  impotence,  feta  alcohol spectrum,  Dysthymic Disorder,   Eczema, skin cancer,  tuberculosis,  Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, constipation, inflammatory bowel  disease, bone cancer, lungs cancer,  mouth ulcer,  mouth cancer, body pain, fever, hepatitis A.B.C.,   syphilis,  diarrhea,  HIV/AIDS,  Huntington's Disease,  back acne,  Chronic renal failure,   addison disease,  Chronic Pain,   Crohn's  Disease,   Cystic Fibrosis,  Fibromyalgia,   Inflammatory Bowel Disease,  fungal  nail disease, Lyme Disease, Celia disease, Lymphoma, Major  Depression,  Malignant Melanoma,   Mania,  Melorheostosis,   Meniere's  Disease,  Mucopolysaccharidosis , Multiple Sclerosis,  Muscular  Dystrophy,  Rheumatoid Arthritis, Alzheimer's Disease      Contacts him today  and get permanently cure. contact him via... email- drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com  /whatssapp-+2347081986098.

    ReplyDelete