Whatsoever you do to the least of My people, that you do unto Me.

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Fundraising is on its way!!

Hello!

I decided I should probably post with some fundraising updates. I have officially finished my letters (addressing, sealing, writing notes on them... etc) and they shall be on their way to friends and family monday morning! I am excited. I have already received $330! That means I am 10% done.

Goal: $3,000
Donations: $330
Needed: $2, 670

Thank you to everyone who has made a donation either via mail or online. I am truly amazed at how I just started my fundraising brainstorming a little over two weeks ago and I already have some money!

Currently I am procrastinating from cleaning out my room. I am attempting to get rid of all the "stuff" that I don't need before I leave. I am also going to paint my room so it can be used as more of a guest room since I won't need it for two years. It is always fun, but tiring, to go through all of your stuff. I have thrown away quite a bit of stuff so far and have a lot of stuff to give away. It kind of makes me realize how blessed I am to live so well. I not only have the bare necessities that I would normally need, I have a thousand times more. As I throw stuff away or get ready to get rid of it I realize how much life will change when I leave. I am getting more excited for living a simple life - and I believe this process is helping me prepare for that.

Other than that Vaccines are done, other logistics are getting close to done, passport in hand.

One of my most recent favorite quotes it: What will be, will be.
I believe this is my motto this summer as I prepare for South America. I cannot change anything but myself and my heart. I have to take everything else with trust and faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment